Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sorry I disappeared

Hello again, and apologies for the long hiatus.  I was busy raising my family and making jewelry, of course.  I'm looking forward to hearing what you've all been up to for the last three years -- your accomplishments,  survival stories -- anything you got.  And I will try not to disappear for so long this time.

So I have something new to report -- I have fallen in love with Pandora jewelry (and imitation Pandora jewelry).  Over the summer I got together with my nieces, my Mom, sisters, nephews, a boyfriend of a niece and a few friends to assemble faux Pandora watches and bracelets.  Prior to then, I had thought that the Pandora concept was a little silly (not to mention expensive).  Well, I am singing a new tune now, as they say.  Here's a watch I assembled over the summer:


It is impossible to describe the feeling of opulence and grandeur that a Pandora piece, real or faux, conveys upon the wearer.  I found myself looking benignly at my hand, waving it in dramatic flourishes, and feeling very glamorous indeed.  I chose black as my theme because I wear lots of black, particularly at work.  So black seemed like the obvious choice.

Pandora starter chains cost about $65 for sterling silver and $1,400 for the 14K gold version.  You can get a starter watch like the one I'm wearing on eBay for about $5 or so.  (It's not sterling silver, as you might have guessed, but I'm not snobby about that kind of thing.)  The bracelets and watches have clasp ends that easily screw off and on so you can add or subtract beads.  It's a wonderful modular solution to synching your jewelry up with your wardrobe, and I wish I'd thought of it first.

That's it for now.  Till next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment